The "Bear Claw" Archtop Guitar
This is a hand carved, custom made 17" Archtop guitar named "Bear Claw". It's name comes from the grain growth on the top to the left of the tailpiece that mimics the look of a bear's claw that scraped the tree while it was growing.
It is hand carved and tuned for the maximum sound of the AAA grade tonewood. It has 4-ply binding made of Maple/Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany and all the trim is ribbon Mahagony. The sound unplugged is medium to bright depending on your style of playing.
This is a beautiful guitar that plays and sounds great.
- Body: 17" lower bout, 3" body depth, single cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce, North American
- Back: Solid Bigleaf Maple, North American
- Sides: Solid Bigleaf Maple, North American
- Bracing: X- Spruce
- Binding: Maple/Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Neck: Rock Maple, North American
- Fingerboard: African Ebony, 12" radius, with side markers
- Nut Width: 1-3/4", bone
- Scale: 25"
- Frets: 21
- Bridge: African Ebony, fully adjustable with gold plated hardware
- Tailpiece: African Ebony, Sacconi tail
- Endpin: Built-in jack and strap button
- Pickup: Gold Humbucker, Kent Armstrong, neck-mounted
- Controls: Thumbwheel Volume/Tone mounted on finger rest
- Tuners: Grover Gold, 16:1 ratio
- Finger Rest: African Ebony/Ribbon Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Waterborne Lacquer
- Color: Natural-Crystal Clear
- Strings: D'Addario Pure Nickel, Jazz Medium Gauge 13-56
- Truss Rod: Double Action Adjustable
- Case: Hardshell
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Length: 43.5"
- Body Depth: 3"
- Total Depth: 5.25"
- Lower Bout: 17-1/8"
- Upper Bout: 12.75"
- Waist: 10-5/8"
- Body Length: 20.75"
- Endpin Length: .75"