The JG-1 Solid Bubinga Guitar
Custom made for Jack Grassel
- Hand carved solid one piece bubinga body based on Jaguar shape.
- Wenge neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 10"-16” fingerboard radius
- 24-¾” scale neck
- Hand carved compensated bubinga bridge
- Custom abalone inlay based on 1920ʼs Gibson format.
- Pickups-1960ʼs Guild Humbuckers
- All wooden parts made from same piece of Bubinga; knobs, pickguard, bridge.
- Bubinga Dual Concentric Stacked Volume and Tone Control
- Bridge pickup placed directly under second harmonic
- Miniature toggle switch
- Body from a 20”x14”x2” piece of Bubinga
- Finger rest set 5/16” below top E string, glued to body.
- Control knob and switch placed at upper bout to diminish arm movement to expedite playing.
- Natural Velvit Oil Finish
- Body Thickness 1-15/16”
- Body weight 9lb.
- Weight of guitar 14lbs
- Patent Pending “Tail Less String Mount System” with strings placed at 11 degree angle.
- The distance of the pickguard to the top of the fingerboard: .409”.
- The distance of the left edge of the pickguard to the right edge of the top E string: 427”.
- The height of the pickup is slightly below the top of the finger-rest.