The JG-1 Solid Bubinga Guitar
Custom made for Jack Grassel
“It’s great having a custom made guitar because it has all the things I like in a guitar.”: Jack Grassel
Jack Grassel has been a professional musician since his first paying gig on a concert stage at the age of 4 initiating a career of over 14,000 performances, many with "name" artists including Luciano Pavarotti. He has received numerous awards. In a nationwide poll, the readers of Guitar One Magazine voted him "One of the Ten Best Guitarists in America." Mr. Grassel's 21 recordings, 13 books and instructional DVD have hopefully improved the world's musical landscape. On the recent CD JACK 2015, he sings and plays eleven instruments. Learn more about Jack and his work at www.jackgrassel.com
- Five time Guitarist of the Year award from the Wisconsin Area Music Industry
- Five time Jazz Artist of the Year award from Wisconsin Area Music Industry
- Hand carved solid one piece bubinga body based on Jaguar shape.
- Wenge neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 10"-16” fingerboard radius
- 24-¾” scale neck
- Hand carved compensated bubinga bridge
- Custom abalone inlay based on 1920ʼs Gibson format.
- Pickups-1960ʼs Guild Humbuckers
- All wooden parts made from same piece of Bubinga; knobs, pickguard, bridge.
- Bubinga Dual Concentric Stacked Volume and Tone Control
- Bridge pickup placed directly under second harmonic
- Miniature toggle switch
- Body from a 20”x14”x2” piece of Bubinga
- Finger rest set 5/16” below top E string, glued to body.
- Control knob and switch placed at upper bout to diminish arm movement to expedite playing.
- Natural Velvit Oil Finish
- Body Thickness 1-15/16”
- Body weight 9lb.
- Weight of guitar 14lbs
- Patent Pending “Tail Less String Mount System” with strings placed at 11 degree angle.
- The distance of the pickguard to the top of the fingerboard: .409”.
- The distance of the left edge of the pickguard to the right edge of the top E string: 427”.
- The height of the pickup is slightly below the top of the finger-rest.